What Is a Casino Welcome Bonus?
An online casino welcome bonus is a promotion only available to new members. It rewards you for becoming a member or making your first deposit. Mostly it only applies to the first deposit, but some casinos include multiple deposits in the welcome bonus (e.g. the first three deposits). In any case, with this promotion, you get a free bankroll or free spins – sometimes, you get both at the same time. Online casino welcome bonus promotion is quite common and can be found on almost every site. Therefore, the important thing is not to find it but to choose the best one.
All Types of Welcome Bonuses Promos
The welcome bonus promotion is divided into several types of promotions depending on its content. These categories determine both the general terms of the bonus and what you can get with it. In other words, there is no single standard welcome bonus: what you can get as a new member depends on the type and content of the promotion. Below we list the most common bonuses and briefly explain each.
- First Deposit Bonus: It is the most common type of welcome bonus. It can be found in almost every casino. Simply put, this promotion matches your first deposit at a certain rate. If you see a sentence like “100% – 200% – 300% deposit bonus”, the percentages here indicate the matching rate. For example, a 100% bonus will add another 100 CAD to your account when you deposit 100 CAD. Often a certain number of free spins are part of this offer.
- Bonus no deposit required: The no deposit welcome bonus gives you a cash bonus or adds free spins to your account as soon as you sign up. You can use them right away; you do not need to make a deposit first. If you make a win, it’s yours to keep, but you will be required to complete the wagering requirements first, as explained below.
- Reload Bonus: As mentioned above, some welcome bonuses include multiple deposits. So, for example, your first three deposits are matched, not just the first one. Each time you “recharge” your account, you are entitled to a matching bonus.
- Cashback Bonus: New members can get a certain portion of their losses refunded for a limited time. For example, 10% of the amount you lost every week during the first month will be returned to your account. This bonus usually does not require wagering.
- No wagering: This can be any of the bonuses listed above, but the main difference is that it is not necessary to complete a wagering requirement. You can find more detailed information on this subject below.
Can I Get a Welcome Bonus from a Mobile Device?
Canadian players can get the free welcome bonus on any device. Modern online casinos are designed to work on browsers. It does not matter what device this browser is on. Websites have responsive designs and can adjust themselves to the features of the browser, regardless of the operating system. This means that no matter what you use (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) if the device has a browser and can connect to the Internet, you can view an online casino site, complete the sign-up process, and claim your bonus. There is no need to use an app for any of these: you can do everything from the browser.
How to Calculate Welcome Promotions?
Every player can understand what 100% means, but only experienced gamblers can accurately calculate welcome promotions. There are three things to consider when calculating what you can get with a welcome bonus:
- Matching rate (e.g. 100%)
- Minimum deposit limit (the minimum deposit required to activate that bonus)
- Maximum bonus limit (the maximum amount you can win with that bonus)
You can find this information simply by reading the terms and conditions. For example, let’s say the welcome bonus is:
100% match up to 200 CAD (10 CAD minimum)
This simple sentence tells you everything you need to know about that bonus. In this promotion:
- You need to deposit at least 10 CAD to activate the bonus
- Deposits greater than this amount will be matched at 100%
- However, you will not be able to claim more than 200 CAD in any case (i.e. even if your first deposit is 300 CAD, your bonus will be limited to 200 CAD)
As long as you pay attention to the three elements listed above, you can easily calculate what you can get with a welcome bonus. You can see some examples in the table below:
||MAX. BONUS LIMIT
||THE ACTUAL BONUS YOU WILL GET
||10 CAD (10 x 1)
||40 CAD (20 x 2)
||225 CAD (75 x 3)
||400 CAD (150 x 4 exceeds the limit)
How We Find the Best Welcome Bonuses for Canadians?
While evaluating bonus offers, we take many factors into consideration, not just percentages. In this regard, we consider the casino as a whole and do not focus only on promotions. Therefore, in our bonus evaluation process, we pay attention to:
- Safety. First of all, we make sure that the casino offers a legal and licensed service. This is our most important rule: we do not consider promotions in rogue (unlicensed) casinos.
- Terms and Conditions. We read the terms of the promotions in detail and pay attention to the wagering rate, bet limits, and account restrictions. In other words, we make sure the terms are fair.
- Game Collection. The games where you can use the bonus are also important. Even the best bonus in the world is useless without a collection of games that will give you an enjoyable experience. That’s why we make sure that the casino offers the best and latest games from top-tier suppliers.
- Payment Methods. Most bonuses require a deposit, so we make sure that many payment methods are supported, and we pay attention to how easily you can complete money transfers.
How to Choose the Best Welcome Bonus Promotion?
The criteria listed above will also help you to choose really useful welcome bonuses. But as always, you need to consider your own personal needs and limits. In this context, you should also personally pay attention to the following criteria when choosing a welcome bonus:
- Bonus percentage and maximum amount: As mentioned above, start by calculating how much bonus you can get based on the percentage and the maximum limit.
- Size of wagering: Wager the bonus means that wagering a certain amount of money that is determined by a specific rate. For example, if the rate is 20x and your bonus is 100 CAD, you need to stake 2.000 CAD (20 x 100) first. Your bonus will be in a “locked” state until wagering is complete. Make sure that the rate is low enough and within your limits.
- Cashout limit and maximum bet: Until the wagering is complete, there will be some restrictions on your account. For example, you won’t be able to cash out or place a bet higher than 5 CAD. Check these limitations and make sure they suit your needs and expectations.
- Payment methods: And, of course, you need to check the available payment methods and make sure that the casino supports options available in your country.
How to Claim a Sign-up Bonus?
Claiming a welcome bonus is actually an easy process, and you can complete it in a maximum of ten minutes. If you’ve never done this before, follow these steps:
- Choose one of the recommended casinos on this site and visit its website.
- Open the current promotions page and find out the terms of the welcome bonus. You should pay attention to two main things: the minimum deposit limit required to activate the bonus and whether a code is required.
- Look for a “join” (or similar) button on the homepage. Click this button to open the membership form and fill it out (be sure to provide verifiable information).
- Log in with your user information and open your profile page. Choose one of the listed payment methods by clicking the “deposit” button on this page.
- Complete the payment (if a code is required, you must use it at this stage). The bonus will be activated automatically as soon as it is transferred to your deposit account.
Claim Your Welcome Bonus Today
Pick one of the offers listed on this site, complete the registration, and start playing with a welcome bonus. You can do all of these in a maximum of 10 minutes. Playing with a bonus can always bring you an advantage, whether it is a bankroll or free spins. Jumpstart your online gambling adventure right now!
Frequently Asked Questions about Casino Welcome Bonus
What is a welcome bonus?
A welcome bonus is a promotion offered to new members. Most of the time, it matches the first deposit amount with a certain rate and/or awards free spins.
Are no welcome bonus promotions available for anyone?
Other than the country restrictions of the casino, yes, no deposit bonuses can be used by anyone. However, this applies only to new members. This bonus is just for them.
Is it possible to win real money by this bonus type?
Yes. If it is a cash bonus, you get real money. If it is free spins, you can win real money with those. In any case, this money is yours to keep after completing the wagering requirement.
How to get a no deposit welcome promotion?
Pick a casino that offers this bonus and become a member: that’s it. As the name implies, no deposit is needed at all.
Can I get a few welcome bonuses at different casinos?
Yes, but make sure these casinos are not operated by the same company. Otherwise, you may be accused of “multi-accounting,” and your accounts may get banned.