First Deposit Bonuses in 2020
A first deposit bonus is only available to a casino player who has just recently signed up. These are bonuses that you get after you make your first deposit, and casinos use this type of promotion as a way to thank you for being a paying member.
Almost all operators offer an online casino first deposit bonus. It is highly popular because a player who makes a deposit can get more money than what he originally invested. This bonus can come in the form of cash or free spins.
With cash, you can get extra money on top of what you deposited, which you can use to bet on games. If you choose to get the free spins after your first deposit, you can use the free spins on slot machines. Some casinos offer betting tickets, especially in sports betting sites.
The Types of the Best First Deposit Bonus Casino in the UK
Not all bonuses are created equal, and different casinos offer different amounts and different minimum deposits. Some require 10 pounds deposits, and some less.
Here, we will take a look at the most common ones, and some variants you may find online.
- 200% match-up: in this deposit, you will get a total of 200% of what you originally deposited. If your first deposit is £100, you will get a total of £300. Mathematically, the bonus percentage is put on top of the money you put in. Since 200% of £100 is £200, this amount will be added to your first deposit.
- 300% match-up: this one works in the same way with the previous one, so for a deposit of £100, the total money you can use to play is £400.
- The other two variants are 400% and 500% first deposit bonus. The mathematical calculation is the same, but bonuses as big as these two are usually done in tranches.
Technically, by the time you avail of the promotion, you are already making your second and third deposit. Still, there are other casinos that offer a direct 500% offer on your fids deposit.
- Free Spin: in this kind of bonus, you will receive free slot spins instead of free money. The usual denominations of the free spins are in increments of 50 (such as Vegas Luck casino). But you can get 25 free spins, 50, 100, or 200.
Each free spin has a cash equivalent usually up to £0.20 per spin. So if you receive 200 free spins, that is the same as saying you can wager up to £40 in total on slot machines.
Now, free spins cannot be applied to all slot machines. Many casinos choose the slots where you can use your free rounds. Most of the time, the free spins can only be applied to new slots in the casino’s library, and they do this to promote new games.
There are also rules about free spins like you cannot exceed a total of £5 per spin. If you violate this rule, your free spins the winnings thereof will be forfeited.
When you play slots for real money with a promotion, you cannot win the biggest jackpot, considering that each spin has a limited value. But you can win the jackpot, provided that the slot machines that qualify offer jackpots to small bets.
Other Bonus Variants
Welcome Bonuses have other variants like free bingo tickets, free betting tickets on sports betting, and others. The bonuses vary per casino, and the offers depend heavily on the games the casino wants to promote.
For bingo tickets, you can either receive multiple bingo cards that you can use on scheduled games, or just one that qualifies for a bingo round that has a high jackpot.
Betting tickets, on the other hand, are like slot machines. You can only use the betting tickets on specific events, like horse racing, tennis, or basketball, but not on all sports betting games. But do not worry, bookmakers, such as Betfred, will not let you miss important matches.
List of the Best First Deposit Bonus Casino for UK Players
Since almost 99% of all casinos offer bonuses, one can easily get overwhelmed at the sheer amount of choice. One casino may offer 200%, and another 400%. Note that these casinos have different rules.
Some casinos may use your cash balance first before you can use the promo money, while others do it the other way around. One thing is for sure: most casinos will not let you withdraw your bonus money and the winnings from them unless you met the requirements.
This is not uncommon, even for 2020, but there are those that have low wagering requirements, and there are even casinos that offer no wagering requirements. To improve your experience, we took the time to review all existing bonuses, and we came up with a list of the best first deposit bonus you can choose from.
Most Popular Slots Where You Can Use First Deposit Bonus
There are thousands of slot machines out there. We mentioned earlier that not all of these are part of the first deposit bonuses, which means you cannot choose what slots to play at all times. While it is customary for one casino to offer a free spins bonus for only one slot, there are those that allow you to play it on more than ten slot machines.
Below is a list of the top first deposit bonus slots where you can play your free spins bonus, or your cash bonus.
- Starburst – this is probably the most popular slot machine out there, as we have seen so many casinos offering and advertising it. Most casinos that offer this game also make it possible for their players to use the free spins on the game.
- Gonzo’s Quest – this is an award-winning slot machine from NetEnt. It is a five-reel slot with 20 pay lines, and it has features like wild and multipliers.
- Dead or Alive 2 – this is a sequel to the original where players can augment their winning odds with multipliers, free rounds, wild symbols, and scatters.
When playing bonus spins on these slots, always make sure you are within the boundaries of the rules. Read the rules carefully and comply with them so as not to forfeit your bonus money.
Other Games Where You Can Use Your First Deposit
Slot machines are not the only areas where you can use your first deposit bonus. Below are some casino favourites that you can try.
For most table games, it is not unusual for casinos to set your betting limit to £5 in the UK. This helps the casino ensure that players will not cheat or abuse the system by getting a huge bonus, then applying it one-time big time on one bet, then win a huge amount.
The £5 limit ensures that a player using the casino’s money would win because of random odds and luck alone, and that both the casino and the player have equal opportunities of winning and losing money.
Also, you have to know that in most cases, live dealer games do not qualify. It means that you cannot use your bonus money on live dealer games. If you will play roulette, there is also a maximum bet per spin of the ball, and this maximum bet already accounts for your total bet, not your bet per type.
Advantages and Disadvantages
First deposit bonus casino promotions have several good and bad features. The advantages are shown below:
- You receive more money – you can double what you deposited, and even more.
- You can recoup your losses – after losing your first deposit, you can use your bonus to win it back.
- Bonus money can be used in many types of games – there are hundreds of games to choose from, and this makes the bonus flexible to any type of player.
The disadvantages are shown below:
- There are so many rules – there are wagering requirements that you have to comply with before you can withdraw your winnings.
- Limited amount to wager – you cannot bet a huge amount; casinos often limit the maximum bet if you use your bonus money or spins.
- Little chance for jackpot – since you cannot bet the biggest amount, chances are you cannot win the jackpot.
- Maximum withdrawal – any casinos impose a maximum withdrawal limit from your winnings.
Important Details of Bonuses
Before you sign up for a bonus, there are three things you need to find out from the terms:
Wagering requirement – the amount of money you have to bet before you are allowed to withdraw.
Deadline – the number of days expected for you to meet the wagering requirement.
Maximum withdrawal – the maximum amount of money you can withdraw from your bonus winnings.
Nearly every first deposit bonus UK is great. While it can be confusing at first, and while there are so many rules, nothing really beats free money. Gambling is a game of chance, so taking an offer may be the only way to double or even triple your investment. Search our recommendations for these bonuses, and good luck on your gaming!